White Chocolate Mini Egg Blondies
Soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate chips and mini eggs, these fudgy blondies are the fairer cousin of the rich, dark brownie, and every bit as delicious! With a lovely crunch from the sugary ‘eggshells’, they’re a perfect treat for Easter.
- 270g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 135g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 200g white chocolate chips
- 1 or 2 90g packets of mini chocolate eggs – we used 1½ packets and ate the rest!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 12″ x 9″ traybake tin and line with baking parchment.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugars and vanilla extract in a large bowl and, using an electric mixer, cream together until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined, taking care not to overmix.
- Using a spatula, stir in the chocolate chips and mini eggs until combined.
- Press the mix into the traybake tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges start to turn a light golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 12 squares.