Warm Spiced Orange & Plum Fruit Salad
Thanks to our nifty Orange Peelers you’ll be finding more ways to include these citrus stars in your recipes – like in our wonderfully warming poached fruit salad.
- 2 oranges
- 3 plums, halved and pitted
- 150ml cranberry juice drink or orange juice
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 25g light muscovado sugar
- 20g sultanas or raisins
- Crème fraiche or Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Using a potato peeler, pare a strip of zest from one of the oranges and put it into a saucepan with the plums, cranberry juice drink or orange juice. Add the spices, sugar and sultanas or raisins. Heat and simmer gently for 7-8 minutes, or until the plums are tender.
- Meanwhile, use the Orange Peeler to peel the oranges, then slice them neatly. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the orange slices, stirring them through gently.
- 3Allow the poached fruits to cool for a few minutes, then remove the pared strip of orange zest. Share the fruit salad between two bowls and serve with crème fraiche or Greek yoghurt.
Tip: Add sliced oranges to savoury salads too – they taste great in a Moroccan-style combo with chickpeas, couscous, red onion, grated carrot, sultanas and fresh mint leaves – crumbled Feta cheese optional!