The Kitchen IQ Pepper Corers quickly remove any inedible bits from these colourful fruits (or are they veg?!) – they’re the easiest way to prep peppers for this great little roasted number.
- 4 peppers (choose different colours for vibrancy)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125g pack mozzarella cheese pearls, drained and halved
- A few black olives (optional)
- A few pinches of dried oregano or Italian mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves or chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Use the large red Kitchen IQ Pepper Corer to remove the cores from the peppers, then cut the peppers in half lengthways. Arrange them, cut sides up, in a roasting tin. Sprinkle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and fill them with the tomatoes, mozzarella pearls and black olives (if using). Sprinkle each one with some dried oregano or Italian mixed herbs. Return to the oven and roast for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Serve, scattered with a few basil leaves or some chopped fresh parsley.
Tip: If you like capers, sprinkle a few over the peppers with the tomatoes, mozzarella and olives.