- 250g plain flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 150ml milk
- 150ml water
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, sift the flour and add the salt.
- In a jug, combine the milk and water.
- Make a well in the flour and add the eggs.
- Start adding the milk and water mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until your batter has the consistency of single cream.
- Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Grease the holes in your tin with dripping or oil and put into a very hot oven.
- When the oil or dripping is hot – and we mean really hot – pour your batter into the holes. If the batter doesn’t sizzle, your oil isn’t hot enough.
- Cook for 20 minutes until risen and golden brown. And remember, don’t open the oven door until they’re done.