For the burgers
- 250g beef mince
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp English mustard, optional
- 1 tbsp oil, plus extra for rubbing
For the Yorkshire pudding
- 80g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- A few lettuce leaves
- To make the burgers, mix the ingredients together in a bowl then divide the mixture into two balls and flatten into patties. Put them in the fridge on a plate covered with cling film and leave for at least an hour to firm up.
- For the Yorkshire pudding, put the flour into a mixing bowl and add the salt, egg and milk. Beat with a whisk to make a smooth batter (this will only take a few moments). Transfer to a jug to make pouring easier, then cover and leave to stand for a while.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/Gas 7.
- Put 1 tsp oil into each hole of a 4 Hole Yorkshire Pudding Tray.
- Pour the batter into the holes of the tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat your grill or griddle to medium heat. Rub a little oil over the burgers and grill or fry them on each side for 6-7 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- Grill or fry your bacon strips in the same pan as the burgers until crisp.
- Remove the Yorkshire puddings from the oven.
- Place one burger, bacon, a slice of tomato and lettuce leaves on top of one pudding and then top with another. Repeat for the other burger and serve with a side order of fries.
Tips: You can make the batter in a blender if you like – just whizz the flour, salt, egg and milk together for a few seconds until smooth.
To cut down on your fat intake, use the Lakeland Touchscreen Air Fryer to cook your fries.
Herby Toad-in-the-Hole with Red Onion Gravy
Wendy’s Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Spicy Meatball Popovers with Lemon & Chive Yoghurt