For the ‘piglets’
- 4 rashers streaky bacon (smoked or non-smoked)
- 12 chipolata sausages
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
For the batter
- 50g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small egg
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/Gas 7.
- Using the back of a knife, stretch out the bacon rashers a little, then snip each one into 3 equal pieces. Wrap one piece around each cocktail sausage. Place into the holes of a 12 Hole Mini Muffin Tin. Add a few drops of vegetable oil to each one. Bake for 15 minutes while making the batter.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl and add the salt, egg, milk and mustard. Beat with a whisk to make a smooth batter (this will only take a few moments). Transfer to a jug to make pouring easier, then cover and leave to stand for a few minutes.
- When the sausages have been baking for 15 minutes, quickly pour the batter around them and close the oven door. Bake for a further 20 minutes, until the batter is risen and golden. Cool for a couple of minutes, then transfer from the tin to a plate and serve immediately.
To save time, use ready-prepared pigs in blankets.
PRODUCTS YOU MAY FIND HELPFUL WITH THIS RECIPE