Preserved lemons are tangy and delicious and add a lovely burst of concentrated lemon flavour. They can be bought in supermarkets and delis, or simply make your own*.
- 300ml/10 fl oz thick Greek yoghurt
- ½ preserved lemon
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 2 nuggets stem ginger, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until required.
- *Preserved lemons: Cut 4-5 fresh unwaxed lemons into quarters, leaving them intact at the base. Pack a tablespoon of course sea salt inside each lemon and squash into a tall, airtight Preserving Jar. Leave for 3-4 weeks before using, turn the jar upside down occasionally. The salt and juice will develop into lemony brine and the peel will become gloriously tender and tangy. Top up the jar with extra lemon juice and olive oil.