- ½ white cabbage
- 100g brussels sprouts, cleaned
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Grated zest and juice of 1 clementine
- 200ml creme
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- Small bunch each of fresh mint and dill, chopped
- Shred the cabbage, sprouts, carrots and fennel using the julienne attachment on a food processor or on a mandoline. (If you don’t have a food processor or mandoline, use a sharp knife to finely slice the vegetables into matchsticks.) Combine in a large serving bowl and set aside..
- In another bowl, whisk together the mustard, clementine zest and juice, creme , olive oil and chopped herbs until you have an emulsion, then season to taste. Pour the vinaigrette over the sliced veg and, using your hands, toss well to coat. Drizzle with a little more oil and serve with cold meats and fish.
PER SERVING 312kcals, 23.9g fat (6.8g saturated), 7.4g protein, 18.1g carbs, 6.5g sugar, 1.2g salt, 4.5g fibre
Chef’s tip: Make the coleslaw and dressing but leave out the fresh herbs, then store in separate airtight containers for up to 3 days. Before serving, add the herbs to the dressing and continue as in step 2. è è