- 1kg wild boar sausages, skinned
- 150g ginger biscuits or Grasmere Gingerbread crumbed
- 2tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- Ground ginger
- Salt & pepper
- 4 bread rolls
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp chilli jam
- Place the meat from the sausages in to a bowl. Add your gingerbread crumbs, if you can’t get Grasmere gingerbread use another ginger biscuit and a little ground ginger to give it a little more bite.
- Place the whole coriander seeds in to a dry frying pan and heat until they start to crackle – this will really bring out the perfume of the seeds and increase the flavour. Cool and add to the wild boar meat.
- Chop the fresh coriander including the stalks finely and add to the mixture.
- Get your hands in and mix together. Roll into burgers and refrigerate until ready.
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Place the burgers in to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side until firm or place them in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- I like to serve the burgers with chilli jam, dressed leaves with fresh coriander and finally a squeeze of lime to bring it all to life.
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Ooni’s Perfect Flame-Cooked Steak