- 500g (1lb 2oz) strong wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 7g sachet fast action dried yeast
- 50g (2oz) chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 275ml (½pt) warm water
- Mix flour, salt and sugar together. Add the oil. Mix in the yeast, and add the treacle and water. Mix to a loose dough and knead for 5 minutes. Finally mix in the walnuts.
- Mould into 2 cobs and place in the Remoska pan. Cover and stand in a warm place. When doubled in size, place lid on and bake for 30 minutes. Turn over and bake for a further 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.