For the pasta
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 200g plain flour, plus extra to dust
- 3 eggs
For the sauce
- 2 red and 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Stalks from 2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 50g Parmesan cheese (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- 2 heaped tbsp mascarpone cheese
- Leaves from 2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- To make the pasta, sift the two flours into a bowl. The bran from the wholemeal flour will be left in the sieve ─ add this back to the flour and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs, using a fork to slowly beat them into the flour to form a dough, then tip out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with clingfilm and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions. Using a pasta machine, gradually roll each piece until you have thin sheets of pasta, dusting the pasta with flour if needed between each pass through the machine.
- Attach the tagliatelle cutter to your pasta machine, roll the pasta through it and then allow the tagliatelle to dry on a rack for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- To cook, place the tagliatelle ribbons in boiling water for approx. 4 minutes.
- To make the sauce, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the peppers, oil, salt and pepper. Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes. Add the onion and cook for a further 20 minutes. Add the garlic and parsley stalks then stir well for 3 minutes, taste and season if required.
- Add the vinegar and mix well. Add half the Parmesan and all the mascarpone, mix and add to hot, cooked pasta. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the parsley leaves and remaining Parmesan
Ooni’s Infamous Diablo Pizza
Ooni’s Skillet-Baked Pizza Rolls
Ooni’s Raspberry, Mint and Mascarpone Dessert Pizza
Ooni’s Classic Pizza Dough
Ooni’s Classic Pizza Sauce
Ooni’s Kale, Green Bean, Aubergine & Cauliflower Vegan Pizza
Spelt Pizza with Sweet Potatoes & Goat’s Cheese
Deliciously Ella’s Sweet Potato Noodles with Satay sauce