- 2tbsp Yellow (White) Mustard Seeds
- 2tbsp Brown Mustard Seeds
- 100ml. White Wine or Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- In a small (non-metallic) container, jar or glass tumbler, add the mustard seeds and cover with the vinegar.
- Leave to stand for 3 days – do not refrigerate. To prevent the kitchen from smelling of vinegar, cover with cling film.
- Check periodically – the seeds will swell as they absorb the liquid. Add additional liquid to prevent drying out, it does not matter if you add too much.
- After 3 days drain off the surplus liquid and reserve.
- Use a hand blender, food processor or pestle & mortar to grind the seeds into a paste. Add the salt, sugar and continue to blend. Add a little extra reserved liquid to get a mustard with a good consistency.
- Bottle into sterilized jars and if possible leave to mature for a few days before using. It should keep for several months and does not need refrigerating.
Tip: This can be stored for several months.