- 1 large sweetheart cabbage (the pointy ones)
- 300g shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 heaped teaspoons Sichuan peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Freshly cooked jasmine rice to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan/220C. Cut the cabbage into long quarters, keeping the stem intact, and transfer to a roasting tin, cut side up, along with the mushrooms.
- Drizzle the cabbage and mushrooms with the sesame oil, and mix well, making sure to work the oil particularly in between the cut leaves. Scatter each cabbage quarter and the mushrooms with the sea salt and Sichuan pepper, then transfer to the oven to roast for 25 minutes.
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, red chilli, rice wine vinegar and sesame seeds, and set aside.
- Serve the cabbage and mushrooms with the rice and dipping sauce alongside.
How to make… the perfect Lasagne with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Beef Wellington with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Beef Casserole with Horseradish and Parsley Dumplings with Sue Ashworth
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
Prue Leith’s Chicken Karahi
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Risotto with Sue Ashworth