For the autumn roots
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 medium courgettes, trimmed and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
For the dressing
- 250ml milk kefir
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 25g kale, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 50g walnuts, toasted
- Make the milk kefir according to the pack instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7. Pour 2 tbsp of the olive oil into a large roasting tin, add the beetroot wedges and toss to combine. Bake for 10 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the prepared red pepper, onion and courgette. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and add the salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a final 5-10 minutes, or until hot. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- To make the dressing, place all of the ingredients in the salad dressing shaker, ensure the lid is on tightly and shake thoroughly. Store in the fridge until needed.
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving platter, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
Tip: Wear gloves when handling raw beetroot to prevent staining your hands.
Spanakopita Lattice Pie
Roasted Butternut Squash, Courgette & Red Pepper Lattice Pie
All-Time Favourite Cheese & Onion Lattice Pie
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
How to make… the perfect Risotto with Sue Ashworth
Spiced Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bake for Remoska Tria