For the autumn roots
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 medium courgettes, trimmed and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
For the dressing
- 250ml milk kefir
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 25g kale, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 50g walnuts, toasted
- Make the milk kefir according to the pack instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7. Pour 2 tbsp of the olive oil into a large roasting tin, add the beetroot wedges and toss to combine. Bake for 10 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the prepared red pepper, onion and courgette. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and add the salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a final 5-10 minutes, or until hot. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- To make the dressing, place all of the ingredients in the salad dressing shaker, ensure the lid is on tightly and shake thoroughly. Store in the fridge until needed.
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving platter, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
Tip: Wear gloves when handling raw beetroot to prevent staining your hands.
Courgette, Aubergine and Spinach Cannelloni
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Beanburgers
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage