- 100g walnuts
- Splash of olive oil
- Squeeze of honey
- Sprinkle of salt
- 500g strong white flour
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 7g dried yeast
- 350ml approx warm water
- Place the nuts into a frying pan with a splash of olive oil on a medium heat, keep your eye on them as they will go from golden, crunchy and nutty to black and bitter in the blink of an eye.
- When the walnuts are cooked season with a squeeze of honey and a good sprinkle of salt. Leave to cool.
- Place the flour into a mixing bowl followed by the salt and black treacle. Place the yeast and the sugar into a measuring jug with the warm water. Mix until the yeast has dissolved.
- Pour the liquid into the flour a little at a time until a dough is formed. Cover with a tea towel and leave to prove for 30 minutes (or until double in size).
- Now turn the dough out on to a lightly floured work surface, sprinkle over the walnuts and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Put onto a baking tray and leave to prove for another 30 minutes (or again, until it has doubled in size).
- Preheat the oven to 210°C and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and when tapped, and the base sounds hollow.
Tomato & Poppy Seed Mini Loaves
Hot Cross Bun Loaf
Easter Bunny Bread Rolls
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®
Hot Dog Buns
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Pressure-Cooked Cheddar, Leek & Spring Onion Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding