- 60ml harissa paste
- 120ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 tsp Winter Spice Seasoning (see below)
- 10-12 garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 tbsp shallot, roasted
- 3 tbsp honey
- 360ml olive oil
For the Winter Spice Seasoning (makes 60g)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 tsp crystallised ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 3 tbsp dried orange peel
- 25g light brown sugar
- First make your Winter Spice Seasoning. Using one of the Vitamix Blending Containers, place all ingredients into the container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to push ingredients into the blades, if needed.
- Place harissa paste, red wine vinegar, ground mustard, Winter Spice Seasoning, garlic, shallot, and honey into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed and blend for 30 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2. Remove the lid plug, add oil through the lid plug opening, and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
Any unused Winter Spice Seasoning can be stored in an airtight container, and is perfect for adding to Christmas cakes and puddings or mulled wine, spicing up gingerbread and stollen or even enhancing butternut squash soup, spiced nuts or popcorn.