- 3 slices of white bread
- 800ml (28fl oz/3½ cups)
- Good-quality hot vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 leaves of cavolo nero (Tuscan kale)
- 400g (14oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 235g (8oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- Tear the bread into small pieces and place into the jug of vegetable stock to soften.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes until the carrot begins to soften.
- Add the garlic to the pan. Tear the leafy parts of the cavolo nero and throw them into the pan, discarding the tough stems. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Tip in the tomatoes and cannellini beans. Pour in the stock and softened bread, along with the rosemary and chilli flakes, bringing to the boil over a high heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and season with sea salt.
Orange Blossom & Almond Polenta Cake
Fluffy Kefir Pancakes
Vegan Pad Thai Jay with Lime and Sesame
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Gluten, Dairy & Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Cookies
Gluten-Free Cheese & Garlic Tear & Share Bread
Gluten, Dairy & Sugar-Free Coffee, Maple & Walnut Cake
Gluten-Free Fresh Tagliatelle with Kale Pesto & Roasted Tomatoes