- 30g Unsalted butter
- 100g Finely chopped onion
- 150g Shredded and washed white of leek
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 600ml Essential Cuisine Veal Stock
- 50ml Double cream
- 1tbsp Chopped parsley
- 200g Diced cooked veal meat
- 200g Diced cooked ham or gammon
- Good Twist of freshly ground pepper
- Sea Salt Season to your taste
For the pastry
- 250g Plain flour
- 1tsp Salt
- 75g Unsalted butter
- 75g Lard
- 4tbsp Cold water
- 1 Beaten egg (for glazing the pie)
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Heat the butter in a thick bottomed pan.
- Gently fry the onion and leek until softened but with not too much colour.
- Stir in the flour and cook gently for a few minutes.
- Stir in the Essential Cuisine Veal Stock gradually, making sure to avoid lumps in the sauce, then add the cream.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Place the diced veal and ham into a deep pie dish, pour over the sauce and season to your taste with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- Mix together thoroughly and allow to cool.
- Now for the pastry, Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add the butter and lard, then rub together with your fingertips until the mixture forms fine crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the water, carefully work together to form a ball.
- Wrap the ball tightly in cling-film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove pastry from the fridge remove the cling-film, place on a floured work surface and kneed with your hands for 1 minute or so, until the pastry is smooth.
- Roll out the pastry to 5mm thick. Wet the edges of the pie dish and then cover with pastry. Scallop the edges with a sharp knife and decorate the top with leaves, using the pastry trimmings.
- Glaze the pastry with beaten egg and bake at 220áµ’c for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C for a further 30 minutes.
- Your Veal, Ham and Leek Pie is now ready to serve, why not with your choice of seasonal vegetables and hot buttered new potatoes.
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart