- 2 Large egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar (Icing Sugar 94g)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (64g)
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil, or nonstick cooking spray for cooking plates
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar, beat until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in vanilla and remaining sugar. Fold in flour and cooled butter until incorporated.
- Heat waffle cone maker until green ready light turns one. Brush/spray the cooking plates with oil. Place a heaping tablespoon of batter in the center of the cooking plate. Gently close the lid. Allow to cook 2-5 minutes until golden.
- Remove waffle with a plastic or wooden spatula. While the waffle is warm, carefully roll it with included cone roller into a cone shape. Repeat process with remaining batter. Let cones cool. Store in an airtight container.
Chocolate-Cone Variation: Reduce flour to 1/4 cup (32g) and add with 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa, sifted, to butter in step 1.