- 110g raisins, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 397g tin condensed milk
- è150ml full-fat milkè
- 450g demerara sugar
- è115g butter
- è½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place the raisins into a small bowl, pour over the rum and leave to soak for 1 hour.
- Line the tin with baking parchment.
- Put the condensed milk, full-fat milk, sugar, butter and vanilla extract into a large, non-stick saucepan and place over a gentle heat.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes. Continue to stir until a sugar thermometer measures 116ºC/240ºF.
- Remove from the heat, add the soaked raisins and beat with a wooden spoon for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the tin, leave until cold then cut into squares.