- 180ml whipping cream
- 180ml full cream milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs yolks
- 65g caster sugar
- Whip the cream and place in a saucepan with the milk and vanilla bean paste. Gently bring to the boil, then take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl.
- return the saucepan to the heat and gently bring back to the boil. Pour in the egg mixture and beat together.
- Allow to cool. Set the timer on your ice cream maker for 25 minutes. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the paddle running and leave to freeze-churn.
- If you prefer a firmer consistency, place the bowl of ice cream in your freezer for a further 30 minutes or so.
Tip: For an extra-special treat, why not enjoy your home-made vanilla ice cream in a delicious knickerbocker glory.