For the cake pops
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- Scrumptious Glimmer Heart Sprinkles
- White chocolate
- Coloured icing
- Heat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease and lightly flour each cavity in the top and bottom of the cake pop mould and place the bottom red part on a baking tray.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and beat well to a creamy consistency. Slowly beat in the eggs, one by one, then fold in the flour and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into each cavity on the bottom section, then securely attach the top, clear part and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Test to see if they’re ready by inserting a cocktail stick through the holes in the top of the mould – the stick should come out clean when the cake pops are baked.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow the cake pops to cool completely before removing them from the mould. Insert a cake pop stick into each fully cooled cake pop.
- To decorate, first place the heart-shaped sprinkles in a bowl. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave, heating it on high for 10-second bursts and then stirring after each burst, until smooth. Take each cake pop and dip into the white chocolate, allowing the chocolate to drip off a little over the bowl.
- Before the chocolate dries, dip some of the cake pops into the bowl of sprinkles. Stand upright in a mug to dry at room temperature for an hour, or in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- For the iced decorations, allow the chocolate coating to dry completely on the remaining pops, then use a piping bag filled with coloured icing or melted chocolate to pipe designs onto them and allow to dry.
Tip: You could also add a scattering of dried raspberries instead of sprinkles.
Valentine’s Love Bug Cookies
Valentine’s Dipped Meringue Swirls
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Cake
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®
Apple & Blueberry Frangipane Tart for the Remoska®