For the steak
- 2 ribeye steaks
- Dash olive oil, to taste
For the umami butter
- 8.8oz (250g) unsalted butter
- 4 anchovies finely chopped
- 6 black olives pitted and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 20g parmesan, finely grated
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp white miso
- 1 dried konbu sheet ground to powder (dried kelp available in Chinese supermarkets)
For the asparagus
- 2.6oz (75g) melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful asparagus stems
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Lemon wedge, to serve
- For the umami butter, start by allowing the butter to soften. Once softened, place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mix well with your hands until fully combined. Lay a long sheet of cling film down, then tip the butter on top. Wrap and shape the butter into a sausage and seal the ends by twisting the cling film with your fingers. Leave in the refrigerator to cool.
- Fire up your Ooni pizza oven. Aim for 600˚F (315˚C) on the stone baking board inside. You can check the temperature inside your Ooni quickly and easily using the Ooni Infrared Thermometer.
- While the oven is heating, place your Dual Sided Grizzler Plate in the oven to warm up.
- Next, prepare your ribeye steaks. The steaks should be at room temperature. Season by rubbing a little olive oil and salt over each steak and set aside.
- Now prepare your asparagus. In a bowl, mix the melted butter, lemon juice, and honey. Toss the asparagus stems in the mix to coat well.
- Remove the hot grizzler plate and add the steaks, then fill the remaining space with your coated asparagus. If you fancy, toss a couple of cherry tomatoes over the top for a fresh burst of flavor.
- Return the plate to the oven and cook the steak and asparagus. After 2 minutes, pull the plate out and flip the steaks over. Add a knob of your umami butter to each steak and return to the oven. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the steaks are cooked to your liking. Remove the steaks and cook the asparagus for a few additional minutes until charred and soft.
- Add another generous knob of your Umami butter to the steaks while they rest. Remove the cooked asparagus, top with a wedge of lemon, and serve right away with the steaks!
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Ooni’s Perfect Flame-Cooked Steak