For the base
- 60g butter, melted
- 150g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
For the filling
- 750g full fat soft cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp Nielsen-Massey® Lemon Paste
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 150ml double cream
- Lemon slices
- Sprigs of mint
- Edible flowers, such as violas
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Brush the base and sides of a 20cm Aluminium PushPan with a little melted butter. If using a normal cake tin, line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Add the biscuit crumbs and caster sugar to the remaining melted butter and stir well. Tip into the cake tin and press into an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack while preparing the filling. Increase the oven temperature to 220°C/Gas 9.
- To make the filling, beat the soft cheese for a few seconds in a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer on a low speed, until just creamy. Gradually beat in the caster sugar. Sprinkle in the cornflour and beat again for a few seconds until fully incorporated, then stir in the lemon paste.
- Add the eggs a little at a time, beating between each addition on a low-medium speed. Stir in the double cream with a large metal spoon.
- Pour the filling over the base. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 110°C/Gas ¼ and bake for 45 minutes. The cheesecake should wobble slightly in the centre.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour, then remove from the oven and cool at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate. Serve decorated with lemon slices, mint sprigs and tiny flowers.
Tip: For a vanilla cheesecake, omit the lemon paste and add 1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract instead.
Valentine’s Love Bug Cookies
Valentine’s Dipped Meringue Swirls
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Cake
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®