- Small knob of butter, for greasing
- 1kg large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 400g sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 200g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Grease the PushPan with the butter.
- Put the potato and sweet potato slices into a large saucepan. Cover with just-boiled water and add a generous pinch of salt. Simmer for 8 minutes, then drain well in a colander. Allow to cool slightly.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes in the base of the PushPan, season with a little salt and pepper, then arrange a layer of sweet potatoes on top. Sprinkle with a third of the spring onions and herbs, then with a third of each of the two cheeses.
- Repeat all the layers once more, then finish with a layer of potatoes. Sprinkle the remaining spring onions, herbs and cheeses on top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then remove by positioning the PushPan on a tall jar and pushing down to release. Cut into wedges and serve.
Tip: You can make this recipe without the sweet potatoes if you prefer – just use 1.4kg potatoes instead.
Spanakopita Lattice Pie
Roasted Butternut Squash, Courgette & Red Pepper Lattice Pie
All-Time Favourite Cheese & Onion Lattice Pie
How to make… the perfect Lasagne with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Beef Wellington with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Beef Casserole with Horseradish and Parsley Dumplings with Sue Ashworth
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood