For the pastry
- 150g plain flour, plus extra to dust
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp water
For the filling
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp Madras curry powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds
- Seeds of 6-8 crushed cardamom pods
- 200g cooked turkey, shredded
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- Pinch salt
- To make the pastry, combine the dry ingredients, add the oil and water and mix to a stiff dough. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- For the filling, heat the oil in a pan and saut the onion and ginger. Add the curry powder, cayenne pepper, chaat masala, coriander seeds and cardamom then fold in the turkey and chopped coriander. Season with salt to taste. Allow to cool.
- Remove the cooled pastry from the fridge. Lightly flour a work surface, roll the dough out into four rectangles approx. 30 x 20cm and cut in half lengthways.
- With a long edge towards you, fold the right side in and up then repeat with the left side, overlapping the folds to make a cone.
- Add a spoonful of filling, dampen the open edges with water then fold down the top and seal to make a triangle-shaped parcel.
- Deep fry in hot oil until crisp and golden in colour.
Jerk-Spiced Chicken Drumsticks
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto