- 1 courgette
- 1 x 160g responsibly sourced tin of tuna, drained
- 50g sweetcorn, drained
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp chopped herbs such as parsley and chives
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the courgette and squeeze out as much liquid as possible and place into a bowl. Add the drained tuna, sweetcorn, egg, chilli powder and baking powder and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Sprinkle over the flour and add the chopped herbs and mix to combine. The mixture should not be too runny. If it is a little on the wet side, add a touch more flour.
- Heat the griddle on high and add 4 spoonfuls of batter to the grill plate. Press down slightly and cook until the edges start to go crispy for approximately 5 minutes. Use a plastic spatula and flip them over carefully and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve crispy and hot. For an extra special treat add a poached egg on top.
Prue Leith’s Double Cheese & Spring Onion Bites with Sour Cream Dip
Prue Leith’s Vegetable Momos (Tibetan Dumplings) with Momo Chutney
Prue Leith’s Fried Tortilla Chips with Guacamole
Spiced Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bake for Remoska Tria
Tomato Fritters with Butter Beans and Feta
Super-Seed Fruit & Nut Nibbles
Tomato & Poppy Seed Mini Loaves
Beetroot, Walnut & Goat’s Cheese Bites