- 2kg leg of lamb
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & crushed
- 1 tsp coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 3 tbsp wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Season the lamb. Mix together the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and olive oil and rub this mixture over the lamb.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting tray and roast, uncovered, for about 60 minutes for rare or 75 minutes for more well done. Cover with foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Whisk together the mint sauce ingredients and serve with the lamb.