For the pastry
- 175g plain flour, plus a little extra for dusting
- 75g butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2-3 tbsp natural yoghurt
For the topping
- 4 -6 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50g Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 12 olives, halved’
For the garnish
- Fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, then rub in the butter or margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the salt and Italian seasoning.
- Add the egg yolk and yoghurt to the flour and mix to make a firm dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
- Remove your chilled pastry from the fridge and, on a floured surface, roll it out until it is 5mm thick. Cut out 24 rounds using a 5.5cm plain cutter. Line the mini morsel tin with the pastry rounds and press in using the pusher.
- To make the filling, mix together the tomato paste, oregano and black pepper, and spoon equally between the pastry cups. Add some crumbled Roquefort and half an olive to each. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Leave the pastries to cool a little in the tin before carefully removing them and garnishing each with a sprig of fresh thyme. Serve warm or cold.
Tip: for ease, pipe the mixture into the doughnut tin using a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle. These savoury doughnuts are best eaten on the day they are made. They can also be prepared in advance and frozen, adding the topping before serving.
Roasted Cauliflower, Beetroot & Stilton Quiche
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack