- 50g brown lentils
- 50g puy lentils
- 4 shallots finely diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 150g tomato juice
- 30g red wine vinegar
- 150g brunoise vegetables (finely sliced and diced swede, carrot and celeriac)
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Blanch the lentils in salted boiling water for 5-7 minutes until just soft then drain.
- Sweat the shallot and garlic in vegetable oil in a pan for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the brunoise vegetables with a little salt and cook for 3-4 minutes until they are soft and transparent.
- Add the tomato juice, ketchup, red wine vinegar and thyme for the sauce.
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Finally add the blanched lentils and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Beanburgers
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli