- 2 litres vegetable stock, hot (see tip)
- 2½ tbsp tom yum paste (we like Blue Elephant Tom Yam Chili Paste)
- 200g frozen raw prawns
- 200g mixed frozen beans and peas
- 200g dried rice ribbon noodles
- 225g tin water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 225g tin bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- Fish sauce or soy sauce to taste
- 2 limes for squeezing
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly lengthways, to serve
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan and stir through the tom yum paste. Add the prawns, simmer for 2 minutes, then add the beans and peas. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain, then rinse with cold water. Divide among warmed bowls.
- Add the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to the soup and simmer for 2 minutes to warm through. Season to taste with the sugar, a good splash of fish sauce or soy sauce and lots of freshly squeezed lime. Ladle the hot soup over the noodles and sprinkle over the spring onions to serve.
PER SERVING 429kcals, 3.2g fat (0.3g saturated), 15.4g protein, 55.7g carbs, 7.8g sugar, 3g salt. è
Chef’s Tip: For vegetable stock, we like Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder.
Spiced Salmon & Spring Onion Fried Rice
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
Fabulous Family Fish Pie for the Remoska Tria
Prawn & Crab Cakes with Lemon & Coriander Tartare Sauce
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®