- 2 litres vegetable stock, hot
- 2½ tbsp tom yum paste
- 200g frozen raw prawns
- 200g mixed frozen beans and peas
- 200g dried rice ribbon noodles
- 225g tin water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 225g tin bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- Fish sauce or soy sauce to taste
- 2 limes for squeezing
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly lengthways, to serve
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan and stir through the tom yum paste. Add the prawns, simmer for 2 minutes, then add the beans and peas. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain, then rinse with cold water. Divide among warmed bowls.
- Add the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to the soup and simmer for 2 minutes to warm through. Season to taste with the sugar, a good splash of fish sauce or soy sauce and lots of freshly squeezed lime. Ladle the hot soup over the noodles and sprinkle over the spring onions to serve.
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo and Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt
Spring Vegetable Minestrone for the Remoska®
Chilled Cucumber & Yogurt Soup