- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lime
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 red chillies, chopped (seeds and all)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the tomatoes, have a bowl of iced water ready and bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Blanch the tomatoes in the boiling water for 10─15 seconds then immediately plunge into the iced water to stop them cooking. Skin the tomatoes and chop the flesh set aside.
- Halve the avocados and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Immediately spoon on the lemon juice to prevent the avocado from browning and add the lime zest. Mash together lightly with a fork, keeping a little texture ─ you want it to be fairly chunky.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, chillies, Worcestershire sauce and coriander and toss gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a dish and serve immediately.
Recipe extracted from Tom’s Table by Tom Kerridge, published by Absolute Press, £25. © Tom Kerridge. Photography © Cristian Barnett.
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes