- 2 Thick cut prime steaks (roughly 8-12oz per steak)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Your favorite steak rub, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- Before you’re ready to cook, allow the steaks to come up to room temperature. This ensures a clean, even cook throughout.
- Next, season your steak by gently patting the salt and pepper into the meat with a little olive oil.
- Fire up your Ooni pizza oven. Aim for 932°F (500°C) on the stone baking board inside. You can check the temperature of your oven quickly and easily using the Ooni Infrared Thermometer. The super high temperature is vital to achieve the perfect steak. Why? It allows important chemical reactions to take place, caramelizing the fats and sugars and ensuring a rich and succulent cut.
- Place your seasoned cast iron Dual Sided Grizzler Plate in the oven to preheat. After 10 minutes, remove the plate. Using tongs, carefully lay your steaks across the grizzler ribs.
- Put the plate back in the oven. For a 20mm cut steak, cook for around 90 seconds on each side. Flip and rotate the steak to ensure an even heat distribution in the hotter zones of the oven.
- Using a meat thermometer, check the temperature inside your steak. For rare, aim for 125°F (52°C). For medium rare, aim for 135°F (57°C). You can use increments of 10°F for increasing levels of doneness.
- Once cooked to your desired level, remove the Dual Sided Grizzler Plate and transfer the steaks to a wooden cutting board. Add a knob of butter, cover with aluminum foil, and let the meat rest for roughly the time it took to cook. This allows the juices to settle evenly, ensuring full flavor with every bite.
- Finally, serve. For maximum tenderness, slice across the grain of the steak with a sharp knife.
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Ooni’s Umami Ribeye Steaks with Honey Butter Asparagus