- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp English mustard
- 1tbsp oil, plus extra for rubbing
- 4 burger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices beef tomato
- 4 thin slices onion
- tomato relish
- Mix the burger ingredients together in a bowl then divide the mixture into 4 balls and flatten into patties, or use our burger press. Put them in the fridge on a plate covered with clingfilm and leave for at least an hour to firm up.
- Heat the grill or griddle to medium heat. Rub a little oil over the burgers and grill or fry them on each side for 6-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut the bread buns in half and toast the insides. Spread a little mayonnaise on the bottom halves and add lettuce and slice of tomato to each.
- Place the cooked burgers on the tomato and top with onion, a dollop of relish and the bun tops.