- 320g ready-rolled puff pastry sheet
- 300g broccoli florets, halved
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 125g gorgonzola picante
- 100ml single cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/200C. Line a small deep roasting tin with the puff pastry – you want it to come up the sides to hold all the filling in. Scatter the broccoli florets, red onion, chilli flakes and gorgonzola evenly over the pastry.
- Beat the cream, eggs, lemon zest, sea salt and garlic together, then pour over the broccoli and cheese. Transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes, after which the pastry should be cooked, and the centre of the quiche just wobbly.
- Leave to sit in the tin for 10 minutes to cool down before serving hot or at room temperature.
Note: you can leave on the baking paper that the pastry comes wrapped in to line the base of your roasting tin.
How to make… the perfect Lasagne with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Beef Wellington with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Beef Casserole with Horseradish and Parsley Dumplings with Sue Ashworth
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
Prue Leith’s Chicken Karahi
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Risotto with Sue Ashworth