- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1cm root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 400ml tinned coconut milk
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bashed
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled (2 roughly chopped, 1 spiralized)
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 150g baby corn, chopped in quarters
- Juice of ½ lime
- Small splash fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in the casserole dish and cook the onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and curry paste, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, lemongrass and chopped sweet potatoes and continue to cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Remove the lemongrass and discard.
- Carefully blend with the stick blender until smooth. Add the chicken and baby corn and cook gently over a medium to low heat for 10-12 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the spiralized sweet potato and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and coriander leaves, and serve.
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Lemony Chicken Soup with Leeks and Barley for Remoska Tria
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo and Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt