- 900g monkfish tail
- 12 small new potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- a knob of butter
- 2 green peppers, grilled until black, skinned and cut in to strips
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 fleshy black olives
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to serve
Chermoula spice mix ingredients
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1-2 tsp cumin seeds, crushed or ground
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- Make the chermoula in a mortar and pestle. Pound the garlic and salt to a paste. Stir in the cumin, chilli, lemon juice, olive oil and coriander. Put the fish in a shallow dish and rub with most of the chermoula (reserve a little). Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Boil the potatoes for about 8 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water. Peel and thickly slice.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil with the butter in a tagine. Stir in the garlic and when it begins to brown, add the tomatoes. When the tomatoes have softened, add the peppers, reserved chemoula and seasoning to taste. Tip the mixture onto a plate.
- Arrange the potatoes in the base of the tagine and top with half the tomato mixture. Cut the fish into chunks, place on top, cover with the rest of the tomato mixture, add the olives and drizzle the remaining olive oil over. Pour in 125ml of water, cover with the lid and cook for 15-20 minutes. Serve with wedges of lemon.
Prawn & Crab Cakes with Lemon & Coriander Tartare Sauce
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk
Marinated Thai Salmon with Steamed Chilli Veg
Steamed Citrus Fish with Asparagus and Parsley Potatoes
Davina’s Cod and Pesto Parcels
Smoked Fish & Cider Pie