- 400g koshihikari rice or sushi rice
- 200g shirataki noodles, drained (rice or cellophane noodles may be used instead)
- 125ml Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 60ml mirin or sweet white wine
- 300g beef eye fillet, sliced paper thin
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally into 2cm (34″) lengths
- 1cm (12″) piece fresh ginger (5g), grated finely
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender drain, cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in medium pan of boiling water. Cook for 1 minute, separating noodles. Drain noodles, cut into 10cm (4″) lengths.
- Bring soy sauce, sugar and mirin to a boil in medium saucepan. Add beef cook, stirring, until beef just changes colour. Strain beef over medium heat-proof bowl return sauce to same pan.
- Add onion and noodles to pan, simmer for about 3 minutes or until onion softens. Return beef to pan, add ginger, stir until heated through.
- Divide rice among serving bowls. Top with beef mixture.
Tip: Beef will be easier to slice finely if it’s been placed in the freezer for about an hour before cutting.
Mexican Pull-Apart Pork
Barbecued American-Style Pork Ribs
Shredded Beef Tacos
Herby Toad-in-the-Hole with Red Onion Gravy
Wendy’s Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney