- 200g sweet potato, peeled
- 50g plain flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- A little oil or cooking spray for greasing
- Spiralize the sweet potato into thin spirals. Pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the paprika, salt and pepper. Add the egg and milk and stir until combined. Add the spiralized sweet potato and mix until coated in the batter.
- Heat a waffle maker and lightly grease the cooking plates with a little oil or cooking spray. Divide the mixture between the plates, making sure to spread it into the corners.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the waffles are cooked. Remove and serve while still hot.
Tip: These waffles are delicious topped with a fried egg and sprinkled with a little flat-leaf parsley.
How to make… the perfect Risotto with Sue Ashworth
Spiced Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bake for Remoska Tria
Easter Brunch Shakshuka for Remoska Tria
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt
Courgette, Aubergine and Spinach Cannelloni