- 400g sweet potatoes, washed
- oil for deep-fat frying
- 50g fine polenta
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Top and tail the sweet potatoes. Secure a potato in the Vegetable Spiralizer and wind the handle to form spirals using Blade A. Repeat with all the potatoes, place in a large bowl and cover in cold water.
- Add oil to your deep-fat fryer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and heat to 175°C. Preheat the oven to 160°C for keeping the cooked fries warm.
- Rinse and drain the potatoes and spread out thinly on clean tea towels. Dry very well and sprinkle with polenta.
- Deep-fry the sweet potato spirals in small batches, for 1-2 minutes, until cooked and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and keep in a warm oven. Season to taste and serve.