- 175g soft butter
- 175g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 375g plain flour
- Cream together the butter and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg and slowly mix together.
- Sieve the flour into the eggs, butter and sugar and gently fold it into the mixture until all the ingredients are combined to form a dough.
- Wrap the pastry dough in cling film and chill until ready to use.
- When pastry is chilled roll it out on a floured surface.
- Line the tart moulds with the pastry and trim off the excess.
- Chill the lined moulds for 5 minutes to allow the pastry to rest.
- When chilled place some baking beans in each tart mould and bake blind for 7-9 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, 350 degrees Fahrenheit, Gas Mark 4.
- Carefully remove the baking beans from the moulds then return the moulds to the oven for a further 2-3 minutes to colour the pastry.
- Remove from the oven and reserve for use.