- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 60g whole almonds, finely chopped
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 40g sesame seeds
- 60g ready-to-eat dried apricots, finely chopped
- 60g sultanas
- 40g puffed rice cereal
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Melt the butter and syrup together in a large saucepan, without letting the mixture get too hot. Remove from the heat and add the almonds, seeds, apricots, sultanas, puffed rice and salt, stirring to coat. Mix in the beaten egg.
- Share the mixture between the compartments in the mould, levelling the tops. Bake for 15 minutes until set. Cool in the mould for 10 minutes, then lift out carefully and cool completely on a wire rack.
Tip: Substituting mixed seeds for the separate sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds works just as well in this recipe – you’ll need 140g in total.