- 1 large round crusty loaf
- 300g cheddar cheese, sliced
- 8 sausages, cooked, cooled and sliced
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 75g rocket
- 6 tbsp tomato chutney
- Extra virgin olive oil, to brush
- Salt & pepper
- Slice off the top of the loaf and set aside. Remove all the soft bread from inside the loaf, leaving the crust to form a case. Brush inside the loaf with a little olive oil.
- Layer the cheese, sausage, tomato, rocket and chutney, seasoning as you go.
- When the bread case is full, brush inside the bread lid with olive oil, pop back on and press to seal. Wrap tightly with a double layer of clingfilm, place in the fridge and weigh the lid down (we put a plate and tin of food on top). Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, unwrap and cut into wedges.
Tip: Why not dry the soft bread and make breadcrumbs ─ delicious in a treacle tart.
Yakitori Mini Burgers with Wasabi Dip
Super-Seed Fruit & Nut Nibbles
Tomato & Poppy Seed Mini Loaves
Beetroot, Walnut & Goat’s Cheese Bites
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Sweet Potato, Pepper & Stilton Frittatas
Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Mini-Mousse Sandwiches
Vintage Cheddar, Courgette & Sun-Dried Tomato Muffins