- 280g self-raising flour, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 15g baking powder
- 50g sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 85g unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 130g ripe strawberries, chopped
- 240ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl, stir together and rub in the butter. Gently stir in the strawberries so they are coated with the dry ingredients. Pour in the cream and stir well. Once combined, used your hands to bring the dough together.
- Turn onto a well floured surface and knead very lightly. Gently pat out to approx. 2-3cm thick. Use a floured 6cm cutter to stamp out rounds. Bring the scraps of dough together and stamp out to make more scones. Place onto the baking sheets, leaving a little space between each.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the strawberries are juicy and the scones are lightly golden at the edges. Transfer to a cooling rack ─ these yummy scones can be eaten warm or cold.
Tip: This recipe works really well with soft, very ripe strawberries, so it’s a great way to use them up.