- 150g soft brown sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp ginger syrup
- 75ml ginger wine
- 40g pecans, toasted & roughly chopped
- 175g butter, softened
- 120g light soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 heaped tsp finely grated root ginger
- 2 tbsp ginger syrup
- 100g medjool dates, stoned & chopped
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- Butter for greasing
- 4 chunks stem ginger in syrup, roughly chopped
- Butter a 1.7 litre pudding basin and put 1 tbsp of the chopped stem ginger in the base Set half the remaining ginger aside and finely chop the rest.
- For the toffee sauce, melt the sugar and butter together over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and whisk in the syrup and wine, simmer for one minute then add the remaining roughly chopped stem ginger. Remove from the heat.
- Add the pecans to the pudding basin and spoon over 3 tbsp of toffee sauce.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy then add the eggs one by one, beating thoroughly after each.
- Stir in the finely chopped stem ginger, root ginger, syrup and dates then sift the flour and spices into the bowl and fold in.
- Spoon the mixture into the pudding basin, cover with a sheet of buttered greaseproof paper then a sheet of foil and secure with string.
- Put the basin in a large saucepan, add enough boiling water to come halfway up the basin and put over a low heat. Cover the pan and steam for 3 hours, topping up the water as necessary.
- Remove the basin from the saucepan and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Reheat the toffee sauce and put it into a jug, turn the pudding out onto a plate and serve together.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds
The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe