- 2 red apples, stalks removed
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and halved horizontally
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200g smoked chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Small bag of mixed leaves
For the dressing
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream or natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Insert the spiralizer blade with the smallest triangles and spiralize both apples.
- Insert the plain blade and spiralize the fennel into thin slices. Place the fennel and apple in a large bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Add the chicken, dill and three quarters of the walnuts, then toss to combine.
- Lightly whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and season.
- Arrange the mixed leaves on a serving plate, pile the salad on top, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with the remaining walnuts.
Tip: Don’t peel the apples as the skin gives extra colour and texture to the salad. If you can’t get smoked chicken, roast chicken is equally delicious.
Vitamix Harissa Vinaigrette
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Warm Quinoa, Couscous & Feta Salad
Pink Grapefruit, Fennel & Rocket Salad
Warm Spiced Orange & Plum Fruit Salad
Ham Hock Caesar Salad
Warm Lentil & Seared Rosemary Lamb Salad