- A little olive oil, for greasing
- 200g young spinach leaves
- 200g roasted red peppers (from a jar, packed in brine), torn into large pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 175g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 regular soft flour tortillas
- 350g jar tomato & basil pasta sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease the PushPan with a little olive oil.
- Put the spinach into a colander and slowly pour over a kettleful of boiling water to wilt the leaves. Run under the cold tap for a few moments, then drain well, squeezing out the surplus moisture.
- Reserve a few slices of pepper, tomato and a handful of grated cheese. Place a tortilla over the base of the PushPan, spread with a quarter of the pasta sauce, then top with pepper slices, grated cheese and a little salt and pepper. Add a second tortilla and spread with another quarter of the sauce, then top with tomatoes and grated cheese.
- Add a third tortilla and top with sauce, all the spinach and more cheese. Place the fourth tortilla on top, spread with the rest of the sauce and add a layer of tomatoes. Finish with the last tortilla, arrange the reserved pepper and tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the reserved cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool for a few minutes in the tin, then remove by positioning the PushPan on a tall jar and pushing down to release. Slice into wedges, garnish with basil leaves and serve with salad.
Tip: If there are any leftovers, keep them covered in the fridge – you can reheat slices in the microwave for 90 seconds on full power.
Spanakopita Lattice Pie
Roasted Butternut Squash, Courgette & Red Pepper Lattice Pie
All-Time Favourite Cheese & Onion Lattice Pie
How to make… the perfect Lasagne with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Beef Wellington with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Beef Casserole with Horseradish and Parsley Dumplings with Sue Ashworth
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood