- A little olive oil, for greasing
- 200g young spinach leaves
- 200g roasted red peppers (from a jar, packed in brine), torn into large pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 175g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 regular soft flour tortillas
- 350g jar tomato & basil pasta sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease the PushPan with a little olive oil.
- Put the spinach into a colander and slowly pour over a kettleful of boiling water to wilt the leaves. Run under the cold tap for a few moments, then drain well, squeezing out the surplus moisture.
- Reserve a few slices of pepper, tomato and a handful of grated cheese. Place a tortilla over the base of the PushPan, spread with a quarter of the pasta sauce, then top with pepper slices, grated cheese and a little salt and pepper. Add a second tortilla and spread with another quarter of the sauce, then top with tomatoes and grated cheese.
- Add a third tortilla and top with sauce, all the spinach and more cheese. Place the fourth tortilla on top, spread with the rest of the sauce and add a layer of tomatoes. Finish with the last tortilla, arrange the reserved pepper and tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the reserved cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool for a few minutes in the tin, then remove by positioning the PushPan on a tall jar and pushing down to release. Slice into wedges, garnish with basil leaves and serve with salad.
Tip: If there are any leftovers, keep them covered in the fridge – you can reheat slices in the microwave for 90 seconds on full power.