For the dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 250ml water
- 25g Parmesan cheese (or vegetarian parmesan), grated, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 tsp salt
- 450g strong white bread flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1½ tsp fast-action dried yeast
For the filling
- 175g spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp water
- 200g Manchego cheese, finely diced
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 50g raisins
- 50g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Salt and pepper
For the glaze
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, gently fry the onion until softened and then leave to cool.
- Remove the pan from your bread machine and check the paddle is fitted. Place the ingredients in the pan, following the order specified in your bread machine’s instructions, adding the onions and cheese when you add the water. Fit the pan into your bread machine, close the lid and select the dough programme.
- Put the spinach and water in a pan and cover with a lid. Heat gently until the spinach has wilted, drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. In a bowl, mix together the Manchego, nutmeg, garlic, raisins and pine nuts, and season.
- At the end of the programme, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to a rectangle about 40 x 30cm. Spread the filling mix almost to the edges and roll up the dough starting from a long side. Bend the ends around to make a ring and push the ends firmly together to seal.
- Cover loosely with oiled clingfilm and leave in a warm place for 45 minutes until risen by at least half.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Brush the dough with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the extra grated Parmesan. Make vertical scores in the middle of the dough so that the filling is revealed. Bake for 30-35 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm or cold.
Spanakopita Lattice Pie
Roasted Butternut Squash, Courgette & Red Pepper Lattice Pie
All-Time Favourite Cheese & Onion Lattice Pie
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
How to make… the perfect Risotto with Sue Ashworth
Spiced Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bake for Remoska Tria