- 2 teaspoons (7g) dried yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 300g plain spelt flour
- 250ml warm water
- 80ml olive oil
- 3 medium brown onions (600g), halved, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800g sweet potatoes, sliced thinly
- 65g pumpkin seeds
- 1 fresh green chilli, deseeded, chopped finely
- 200g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 20g rocket leaves
- Combine yeast, salt and flour in a large mixing bowl; make a well in the centre. Stir in the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil until mixed well. Knead dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place dough in an oiled bowl; cover with cling film. Stand for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until onion is light golden. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-assisted. Oil two 30cm pizza or oven trays.
- Divide the pizza dough in half, roll each half into a 25cm round; place on tray. Spread onion mixture between pizza bases; top with sweet potato, slightly overlapping the slices, and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake pizzas for 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway through cooking time, or until crust is golden. Serve the pizza topped with chilli, cheese and rocket.